HumanTouch, LLC is looking for an experienced Network Engineer excited to join a fast-growing IT company supporting the Nation’s Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Are you passionate about network engineering? Do you enjoy solving complex problems or looking for innovated solutions for improvement? If so, we want to talk to you.
Our Network Engineers assists in the development and maintenance of network/system communications. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Tests and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Commonly relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks using a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
· Support and maintenance of network infrastructure, including switches, routers, and firewalls.
· Troubleshoot escalated network/system related tickets from service desk. Provide hands-on and remote support for end users as necessary.
· Manage IP addressing scheme, VPN sites, and client VPN connections.
· Manage backup and recovery of all network devices.
· Participate in change management, incident review, and root cause analysis as needed.
· Maintain up-to-date documentation on network/system infrastructure diagrams, procedures, and policies.
· Handle hardware/software issues as they arise
· Experience with Microsoft systems and services i.e. Active Directory, Exchange
· Experience with imaging of desktops/Thin clients
· Experience with vmWare and building of virtual machines
· Participates in infrastructure planning and network architecting. Identify gaps and areas of improvement. Validate overall network/system availability, security, redundancy, and business continuity.
· Respond to security and intrusion alerts and work with operations and application teams to address and remediate issues.
· Monitor health and performance of entire network/system infrastructure. Conduct troubleshooting and escalation as necessary. Document actions in ticketing system.
· Keep Antivirus and user certificates updated weekly.
· Experience configuring and managing switches and routers.
· Experience Soft skills and the experience working with cross functional groups.
· Experience working knowledge of network hardware, management software, and associated equipment
· Experience in Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
· Experience managing and maintaining an enterprise firewall and VPN devices and clients
· Understanding of Citrix technologies
· Work collaboratively with team
· Industry recognized network certifications is preferred but not required
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in computer science,
· Management information systems, or related field preferred.
· Preferred Barracuda experience