The Unix/Linux System Administrator is a mid/level position maintains, backs up and troubleshoots Unix and Linux based information systems. This position requires a person who will:
• Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
• Be self-directed and take direction well
• Meet deadlines and deliverables.
Employment is contingent on the individual holding an IRS moderate-level MBI. Prospective will not be considered without this clearance.
The position will include, but not be limited to the following activities:
• Providing advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/Linux/Oracle/Informatica computing environment.
• Attending meetings as a team representative.
• Performing computing environment build-outs, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of operating procedures and processes.
• Performing Unix/Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backups.
• Troubleshooting reported problems, recommending or taking appropriate corrective action
• Interact with client staff in performing complex testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions.
• Stay in tune with new technologies.
• Support on call and off hours work as needed
All work will take place at government facilities or HumanTouch Corporate Headquarters. Any deviations from this will require special permission from the Program Manager and/or the client.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Unix/Linux System Administrator will have at least 7 years of professional experience with 3 of those years at the Internal Revenue Service. They will have at least 5 years’ experience supporting a Help Desk.
The prospective employee will have:
• Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, Unix shells and standard utilities
• In depth system administration knowledge and skills for Oracle and Informatica
The Senior IT Administrative Specialist will hold a college degree. Ten years of relevant professional experience with 3 working in IT at the IRS may be used in lieu of the degrees.