The Security Specialist is a mid-level position who provides support with planning, coordinating, and implementing the organization’s information security. This position requires a person who will:
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
- Be self-directed and take direction well
- Meet deadlines and deliverables.
Employment is contingent on the individual holding an IRS moderate-level MBI. They will not be considered without this clearance.
- Providing support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of security related to IT systems.
- Providing advice and services based on an understanding of business security practices and procedures and knowledge of current security tools available, hardware/software security implementation, different communication protocols, encryption techniques/tools, as well as familiarity with commercial products, and current Internet/EC technology.
- Acting as Information System Security Officer.
- Providing technical input to the Senior Security Specialist related to FISMA issues and, when required, provides technical input to the IRS FISMA reporting team.
- Performing analyses and studies and prepares reports and gives presentations to management based on the information gathered and analyzed.
All work will take place at government facilities or HumanTouch Corporate Headquarters. Any deviations from this will require special permission from the Program Manager and/or the client.
Work Experience Requirements:
The Security Specialist will have at least 8 years of professional experience with 3 of those years at the Internal Revenue Service.
The Security Specialist will hold a college degree, with a Master’s Degree preferred. Twelve years of relevant professional experience with 3 at the IRS may be used in lieu of the degrees.
The Security Specialist will hold a Security+ or CISSP certification.