Deskside Technicians install, connect, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair desktop/laptop system hardware and software, mobile devices, and peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.). Hardware upgrades include, but are not limited to, adding memory, hard drives, removable storage media, DVD-ROMs, network interface cards, etc. Software support includes upgrade or reinstalling operating systems, application software, utility software, and FDA procured/developed standard system software. Technicians perform mobile device and PC refreshes, assist with COOP exercises and events, provide move support for customer location moves, and provide support for virus/malware, warranty parts and repairs, data backup and recovery, and system administration support. Technicians document all reported problems and issues and provide training to customers on technical solutions and proactive technical support measures. Technicians provide minor infrastructure tasks as requested and approved by the customer and contract management.
Deskside technicians provide support and incident resolution for off-site computers through remote desktop connection and/or travel to off-site locations as needed and authorized.
Deskside Technicians follow existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and enter or receive tickets for customer support and ensure proper closeout of tickets once resolution has been confirmed. They provide incident resolution, and troubleshooting assistance for Government owned, off-site computers. These services are provided through remote access.
Deskside Technicians provide on-site Deskside Support at the Jefferson location, Monday through Friday, for an 8 hour shift during the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm local time as well as off-site remote support when the Government’s local operating status has been indicated as Closed by the Office of Personnel Management i.e., snow days or other emergency situations from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm local time. On-call services (as-needed) are required between 5:01 pm – 7:59 am local time Monday through Friday, weekends, and Federal Holidays. Travel may be required (as needed) to additional customer locations to provide on-site support.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience and Education Requirements:
• 4 years of previous Tier 2 Deskside Support experience
• 3 years of Tier 1 and Tier 2 combined experience PLUS completion of two years of college level or vocational coursework in computer science or a closely related field
• Possess excellent customer service and organizational skills; adept at working in a team environment
• Possess superior IT support problem solving skills and have a broad understanding of relationships between hardware and software applications as necessary
• Proven knowledge of basic PC troubleshooting of Windows 7, Microsoft Office applications, Blackberry devices, iPhone devices, IronKey devices, and local and/or network printers
• Experience with Macintosh devices preferred
• Ability to follow through multiple issues in a fast paced environment with dynamic priorities
• Must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
• CompTIA A+ (IT Technician Designation) certification.
• Microsoft Office Specialist (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook) certification. (Candidates who do not already have MOS certification must commit to being fully certified within 30 days of hire.)
• ServiceNow certification training or experience desired
• Valid US Driver’s License