Are you detailed oriented? Like to help solve complex technical issues? If so, HumanTouch, LLC is looking for you to join our team as a Tier II Deskside Technician to support out FDA Regional IT Help Desk. Deskside Technicians install, connect, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair desktop/laptop system hardware and software, mobile devices, and peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.). Hardware upgrades include, but are not limited to, adding memory, hard drives, removable storage media, DVD-ROMs, network interface cards, etc. Software support includes upgrade or reinstalling operating systems, application software, utility software, and FDA procured/developed standard system software. Technicians perform mobile device and PC refreshes, assist with COOP exercises and events, provide move support for customer location moves, and provide support for virus/malware, warranty parts and repairs, data recovery, and system administration support. Technicians document all reported problems and issues.
Deskside technicians provide support and incident resolution for off-site computers through remote desktop connection and/or travel to off-site locations as needed and authorized.
Deskside Technicians follow existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and enter or receive tickets for customer support and ensure proper closeout of tickets once resolution has been confirmed. They provide incident resolution, and troubleshooting assistance for Government owned, off-site computers. These services are provided through remote access.
Deskside Technicians provide on-site Deskside Support at the FDA Lenexa, KS location, Monday through Friday, for an 8 hour shift during the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm local time as well as when the Government’s local operating status has been indicated as Closed by the Office of Personnel Management i.e., snow days or other emergency situations. On-call services are required between 6:01 pm – 7:59 am local time Monday through Friday, weekends, and Federal Holidays.
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Excellent at IT support problem solving skills and have a broad understanding of relationships between hardware and software applications as necessary.
- Proven knowledge of basic PC troubleshooting of Windows 7, Microsoft Office applications, iPhone and Android devices, IronKey devices, and local and/or network printers
- Ability to follow through multiple issues in a fast paced environment with dynamic priorities
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
- Must be CompTIA A+ certified
- 2 years of combined Tier 1 and Tier 2 support work experience
- 1 year of Tier 1 or Tier 2 experience PLUS completion of two years of college level or vocational coursework in computer science or a closely related field
- Valid US Driver’s License